Parents choose to home school their children for various reasons. Most parents report to us that they choose to home school because their children progress better in the home environment, and as parents, they have control of the educational experience. Others are frustrated that their children’s needs are not being met by the traditional school system.
Teaching at home can be a rewarding experience, but it has it’s own set of unique challenges. The dual role of parent and teacher along with learning challenges can create stresses that don’t exist in non-home schooling households.
Available during January, February and March.
The Kurtzes have a wide variety of workshops that can help with the educational goals for your family. These workshops are designed to provide practical working applications for use in your daily teaching activities.
Ask us about any of these topics when you contact us. We will train you to succeed as a home school teacher.
- Behavior Problems: Are They from a Learning Issue or from Something Else?
- Auditory Processing and Hearing
- Vision and Visual Perceptional Difficulties that Effect Learning
- Getting Ready to Learn – Brain Gym
- Preparing the Brain to Read, 101. An Introduction
- Sensory Integration. The Hidden Disability
- Seeing Isn’t Believing, It’s Understanding
- Teaching Skills – Use of The Socratic Method to Develop Self Motivation
- Preparing the Brain to Read, 201
- Introduction to Phonological and Phonemic Awareness and Site Word Memorization
- Spel it Rite
- How It Feels To Be Learning Disabled?
- How to Learn, Use and Remember New Vocabulary
- Stressing as theTeacher/Parent
- Understanding and Assisting Children with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Beginning With The End in Mind – Raising a Competent, Confident, Motivated Adult
- Redirecting Children’s Behavior and Effective Discipline
- Psychoeducational Testing- What Does It All Mean!