COULD YOUR CHILD BE AT RISK?
Denton Kurtz can diagnose and plan successful treatment for learning problems that are often reflected in the following behaviors:
1. Unable to sit still; cannot stay on task for any length of time.
2. Very clumsy; poor eye-hand coordination.
3. Does written work very slowly; often fails to complete a task.
4. Has difficulty copying material; constantly looks up and down
5. Often needs instructions repeated.
6. Reversals- mistakes ‘b’ for ‘d’.
7. Has troubles reading the words, is slow, makes a lot of mistakes and can’t spell or “loses it” in a few days. Hates to read and/or write.
8. Is disorganized and frustrated when studying.
9. Makes frequent, “careless” errors.
10. Reads the words, but doesn’t comprehend or remember what he/she read. 11. Is affected by white pages, says the words move or disappear, tires easily when reading.
WHAT IS OUR STRATEGY?
First, we test and measure a person’s learning problems. When the problems are specifically identified, a training program is developed to meet the person’s special needs. Once enrolled in our program, the client will work on specific goals. A clinician will conduct carefully sequenced activities for sessions that will meet your schedule. Parents are trained in activities to work with their child at home. This combined effort and intense training through multiple sessions at a time is designed to allow each child to achieve maximum results in the minimum amount of time.
THE TIME TO ACT IS NOW!
The earlier a learning problem is found, the quicker and easier the treatment is! If you or your child has trouble learning, call us today at 407.629.9003 to discuss the steps you will take for success to occur.